What to Avoid After a Professional Teeth Cleaning
Today, let’s talk about one of our most essential oral care services: professional teeth cleaning (and what not to do afterward). This is an important topic because, believe it or not, you have it in your power to avoid many dental complications with simple everyday best practices.
So, here’s a review of why professional teeth cleaning is essential along with what to avoid after you visit us.
Why Professional Teeth Cleaning Matters
- Thorough Cleaning You Can’t Get at Home - While brushing and flossing can address the lion’s share of plaque and bacteria around teeth and gums, you may need teeth cleaning for tougher problems. Whenever plaque becomes tartar, only the dentist has the best tools to remove it safely.
- Reduce the Chance of Serious Problems - Patients can limit their risk of gum disease, loose teeth, missing teeth, and other painful ailments by getting their teeth cleaned a few times a year.
- Detecting Problems Early - Then, if oral disease occurs, it pays to catch it fast and treat it before it worsens. This happens more often for patients who make regular visits for cleanings.
- Most Insurance Carriers Cover Them - It’s not an expensive treatment at all, especially when your dental/medical insurance includes it.
Things to Avoid Following Professional Teeth Cleaning
- Eating 30 Minutes Afterward - This might be the most obvious thing to avoid. If nothing else, it’s nice to savor a sparkling clean mouth for a while. The primary reason, however, is to allow the fluoride from the treatment to take proper effect. It takes just a little while for it to bond with the tooth enamel, which is essential for strengthening and safeguarding teeth.
- Hot Foods or Drinks (for a Few Hours) - Hot foods and drinks will also have an adverse effect on the new fluoride in your mouth. It’s also not a great idea to expose potentially sensitive gums (post-cleaning) to hot items.
- Skipping Brushing - Even on the day you visit the dentist, it’s still a good idea to brush and floss your teeth before bed. As usual, we recommend doing this gently unless you have specific directions not to brush.
Visit Dr. Lattinelli in Manhattan for Experienced Dental Care
We hope this encourages you to take advantage of our effective, affordable, fast, and convenient teeth cleaning services. This is the best way to save money and avoid painful oral conditions in the long run. Plus, we pride ourselves on a friendly staff who always seeks to make you feel welcome each visit.
So, come see us soon for Manhattan’s best oral care at JCL Dental with Dr. Lattinelli. Call us anytime to schedule an appointment for teeth cleaning at 212-752-7188.
Crest Whitestrips: Do They Really Work?
A mouthful of pearly-white teeth is undoubtedly an enviable attribute. Many people dream of this possibility for themselves and wonder about over-the-counter products. Crest Whitestrips commonly come to mind when considering which type to purchase. But do they really work?
Boost Your Self Esteem with Cosmetic Dentistry
A bright and white smile can improve your confidence. You don't have to be unhappy or insecure about your teeth. Boost your self-esteem with cosmetic dentistry!
Whitening Your Teeth at Home vs at the Dentist Office
One of the benefits of living during the time of the pandemic is that you are able to take a good look at yourself and make changes if you want to. Have you looked at your teeth lately? If you have, you know that your teeth may not be as white as you were hoping. In fact, they may look a little dingy. If your teeth are looking a little dull, one way to help your teeth out is through whitening agents. Thinking about whitening your teeth at home? Here are some tips about whitening your teeth at home vs. allowing the dentist to whiten your teeth. (more…)
Cosmetic Dentistry Procedures
Cosmetic dentistry can make all the difference. If you want to improve the appearance of your smile, cosmetic dentistry is the answer. To learn about the different types of cosmetic dentistry procedures, continue reading.
Show Off Your Best Smile in Manhattan
Are you hoping to turn heads this year with a beautiful smile? You’ll need an experienced dentist to help care for your teeth and keep them as bright and healthy as possible.
Cosmetic Dentistry Procedures Offered by Dr. Lattinelli
Part of Dr. Lattinelli’s practice is helping our clients with cosmetic dentistry concerns. This type of dentistry focuses on improving the look of a client’s smile, teeth, or mouth. Cosmetic procedures can improve a client’s quality of life by giving them a lovely smile or proper teeth alignment. People often mistake cosmetic dentistry as simple vanity, but it can be critical to restoring a patient’s mouth or teeth following illness or injury. There are five major types of cosmetic dentistry we will describe here.
Teeth Whitening - The Fastest Way to get a Whiter, Brighter Smile
Manhattan Cosmetic Dentist | Upper East Side Dental Office
Your smile can make or break first impressions and a healthy beautiful smile is an invaluable asset. An attractive smile can not only improve your success in professional endeavors, it can do wonders for your interpersonal relationships as well.
Anatomy of a Smile Makeover
Upper East Side Cosmetic Dentistry | Manhattan Dentist
A proper smile can be pleasing, but in the case of patients who have suffered trauma or earlier improper procedures, it can be important to their well-being. Patients suffering from bite problems can have dietary problems from the inability to eat certain foods. (more…)
7 Steps to a Better Smile!
Upper East Side Steps to Better Smile | Manhattan Dental Office
Many of us desire a bright, healthy, perfect smile. Pearly whites can help us to appear younger, healthier, and more attractive, but they can also help improve our overall health. So, who wouldn't want a better smile? Everyday Health collected a list of seven steps towards a better smile, so check out their tips, tricks, and advice by reading on.