It is estimated that over 175 million adults in America have at least one tooth missing, while more than 40 million are missing all of them. This is not only a serious issue due to the health and wellness concerns it causes, such as not being able to chew food or even speak properly, it can also cause embarrassment and even depression.
Modern dental science has a number of options when it comes to correcting this problem however, with the two main choices being dental implants and dentures. Here’s how they stack up against each other:
Dentures vs. Implants
There are a number of differences between the two most common options in tooth replacement. Here is a breakdown of a few of the particulars regarding implants:
- Can last a lifetime if maintained properly
- Are sturdier and more stable than dentures
- Require a certain level of jawbone health and mass
- Minimal to no insurance coverage
In contrast, here are some things you can expect from dentures:
- Usually last 5 to 7 years before needing replacement
- Reduction in the sunken-in appearance of cheeks and chin
- Are often covered by insurance
- Require healthy gums but not dependent on jawbone mass
So if you are tired of struggling with the inconvenience and social issues that accompany missing teeth and you are looking to solve the problem once and for all, stop by and see us at Joseph C. Lattinelli and Associates located at 121 East 60th Street, 10th Floor, in New York. Our experienced professionals are ready to help you find the best dental solutions for your needs.
If you can’t make it in person, you can reach us by phone at 212-752-7188 to ask any questions or to schedule an appointment. Our helpful and knowledgeable staff are ready to assist you with whatever you may need.